After running a successful consulting business in the UK, Alistair Marshall relocated to Australia in 2013 to help professional firms attract new clients and win more new business.
As a business development expert, he has worked with leading law firms, accountants, banks and household-name corporates for more than twenty years.
His specialty is implementing simple, achievable, and cost-effective business solutions to small practices through to large regional and national firms. His track record demonstrates consistent results in achieving double digit growth in new client instructions.
Alistair provides strategic and practical advice to law firms and other professional services clients on:
- business development strategy and initiatives
- increasing referrals and new instructions
- converting enquiries into clients
- driving cultural and organisational change
- differentiation and competitive re-positioning
- professional performance management
- client relationship management
- partner coaching and mentoring.
- He has authored three books on the subject of sales and marketing, the most recent entitled “The Complete Business Development Guide for Professional Firms”.A popular and lively keynote speaker, he regularly presents at various seminar events for the Law Society as well as for banks, accountants, trade associations and networking groups. Alistair presents Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Continuing Legal Education (CLE) workshops around Australia on marketing and business development topics.Prior to establishing his successful consulting practice, Alistair was a proven, blue chip FMCG trained General Manager, who held national posts in sales and marketing departments within multi-national corporations, and was responsible for managing budgets over $100M.