CPD for Me are a national provider of CPD and publish leading barristers, accredited specialists and industry experts exclusive 1 hour webinar recordings.
Under the CPD Rules, if this particular educational activity is relevant to your immediate or long term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of the law, then you should claim one “unit” for each hour of attendance, refreshment breaks not included.
In Australia the minimum annual requirement for a lawyer is ten (10) units each year from 1 April to 31 March and Accountants must complete 120 hours CPD over 3 years.
- Terms and Conditions for Subscribers
In these terms “you” means the law firm and persons named on the order form. “Order Form” means the form for ordering the package which accompanies this brochure. “Package” means the CPD for Me subscriptions and products as described in this website, a “credit card” means a valid Visa or MasterCard with transaction made through secure payment with Pay Pal or via Direct Debit.
We reserve the right at any time to charge or amend any fees payable by you to access or use any part of the Website and/or the Service and to vary or amend the terms and conditions which cover such fees for your access or use of any part of the Website and/or the Service.
- Service and Fees
The Website provides a resource designed to assist professionals, including lawyers, accountants, advisors, Barristers and Migration agents to select Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Compulsory Legal Education (CLE) events (including electronic or audio CPD/CLE events) and LogCPD Units.
Subscribers are able to access CPD for Me Online CLE / CPD that are not available to general users. Your subscription entitles you to the right to access your specified seminar/s for the time specified or unit allocation for your firm use and not for distribution to any other party.
When you register with CPD for Me:
- You must provide us with accurate, complete and updated registration information.
- You must safeguard any user name and password which we provide to you.
- You authorise us to assume that any person using the Website or Service with your user name and/or password is either you or is authorised to act for you.
- Where your user name and/or password is specific to you, you must not allow anyone else to use your username and/or password.
- You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your user name and/or password or any breach of security of which you become aware.
- You may cancel your registration at any time at any time by notifying us.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or cancel your registration in our sole discretion without notice if you breach any of these terms and conditions or any applicable law or if we form the view that your conduct adversely impacts on our name or reputation or violates our rights or those of any other party.
- Your Licence to access our online programs
By subscribing to our products and subscriptions we agree to sell to you and supply you with an online account with access until the package expires and you and we are bound by these terms.
- We grant you a limited, non-transferable licence to access of our online programs, On Demand Seminars, Live Webinars and Legal Updates which allow you (and your staff if you have purchased a multiuser subscription) to access our content and use the Website and the Service solely for your personal, educational purposes and not for any commercial purpose.
- You acknowledge that the Website, the Service and all related content are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights (Intellectual Property Rights).
- You agree and acknowledge that the copyright in the content of the online program remains with the authors and copyright of the recording in the online library is owned by CPD for Me.
- We (or our licensors) retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Website, the Service and all related content, and nothing you do on or in relation to the Website, the Service or any of the related content will transfer any Intellectual Property Rights to you or, except for the licence contained within paragraph (c) above, licence you to exercise any Intellectual Property Rights unless this is expressly stated.
- Except as provided in these terms and conditions, permission to reprint or electronically reproduce the Website, the Service or any related content in whole or in part for any purpose is expressly prohibited, unless it is for your personal educational use or prior written consent is obtained from us. You may contact us as specified below if you wish to obtain such consent.
- Pricing and Access limits
All prices are quoted in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST.
Access to the site is available on a ‘on off’ basis or subscription. Subscribers are limited to the number of courses purchased.
- Multiyear subscribers are only able to complete 10 Points in any given CPD period. Any additional CPD requirements will be charged at the individual CPD rate.
- Our 30-day money back guarantee and will provide a refund within 7 days of notification. Please note that during this period subscribers are only able to obtain 1 MCLE / CPD point.
- Our relationship with other speakers, other providers and advertisers
As well as our own events, we may act as re-sellers for other product suppliers and may receive a payment from them in order to provide the Service. We may also, from time to time, receive payment from advertisers on the Website. Where we are introducing third party products or services, we will clearly advertise those arrangements.
- General Disclaimers
CPD for Me and our CPD-LIVE presenters make every effort to ensure the information comprised in our content is accurate at the time of original publications however we and our presenters are not responsible for any errors or omissions.
- We are not responsible for any financial losses incurred by you of for injury or damage to persons or property in any way connected to our packages.
- CPD is of a general nature and does not take into account your individual firm needs. Reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of the website or its content (including third party material and advertisements on the email or the website), irrespective of any verifying measures taken by us.
- The website is designed for the purpose of providing professional development training for lawyers and does not purport to provide legal advice.
Use of the CPD for Me website is at your risk. None of CPD for Me affiliates or directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers or licensors makes any express or implied representation or warranty about, or shall be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, damages or reliance in connection with the email or the website, its use, its content or any products or services referred to on the website.
This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- Failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records.
- The provision of credit card or other financial information, the failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any e-commerce transacted or attempted to be transacted on the website.
- Accessing any sites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on the email or the website. Any links are provided for the convenience of users of the website only and without responsibility for the content or operation of those sites. Unless otherwise stated, linked sites and their products and services are not endorsed by CPD for Me and by linking to any such site is at your own risk.
- Defamatory, threatening, offensive or unlawful conduct of third parties or publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
- Continued Site Availability and Access
The right is reserved to alter the website at any time, even if it changes the equipment needed to access or use the website or any part of it.
- Limitation Of Liability (if any)
CPD for Me total liability to you (if any) for loss, damage or reliance shall be limited to the re-supply of the information or services or payment of the amount paid by you (if any) for accessing the website.
You indemnify CPD for Me, their affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred or suffered by you or by us as a direct or indirect consequence of your accessing, using or transacting on this site or your attempts to do so and any breach by you or your agents of these terms.
No CPD for Me, CPD-LIVE, Sales Strategy, MidCoastDigital, BD for Lawyers, BD for Law Firms and CLE by the Sea logo may be used without the prior, specific, written permission.
- General Provisions
- Collected Browser Information
CPD for Me, CPD-LIVE, CLE by the Sea, MidCoast Digital and Sales Strategy P/L analyses website logs to constantly improve its service. The logs are not personally identifiable. They record the pages visited and the time apparently spent browsing them. We use the log information to measure the number of users to different sections of our sites and this helps us make our sites more useful to participants. They are a necessary part of visiting any website. We make no attempt to link them with individuals who browse our websites. Our site contains links to sites owned by others, so please note that we may have no control over their privacy practices.
- Subscriber Communication
CPD for Me, CPD-LIVE, CLE by the Sea and Sales Strategy P/L receives email and other communication from users and others every day. We will reproduce communication in a relevant publication where it is clear to us that the sender intended publication. For example, this will apply to letters and emails to the event organiser.
Any questions in relation to our Terms and Conditions please contact, Director Paula Gilmour on 0425 275 207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Seminars and other CPD activities are not accredited by The Law Societies of Australia however we