Louise Mathias is a Barrister, Mediator, Keynote and Guest Speaker. She provides Solicitors, who are looking for the edge in their legal practice with practical and easy to implement strategies in the framework of quality and reliable service. Louise has diverse employment experience in wide ranging employment, giving her a unique opportunity to apply her varied experience and knowledge to assist clients solve their legal problems. She has a depth of understanding which can only be gained through life and employment diversity and challenges.
Louise has a broad general practice including experience in family law, criminal law, wills and probate (including FPA), medical negligence and personal injury proceedings.Prior to being admitted as a legal practitioner, Louise was employed as Justice Monahan’s Associate in the Federal Circuit Court. She also practised as a Solicitor in Family Law and Care and Protection.
Louise was previously an Adjunct Lecturer at the University of Sydney, where she lectured in Civil and Criminal Practice and Procedure in the Juris Doctor Course.
She is a Consultant to the College of Law in the postgraduate Family Law Applied Masters program where she reviews, update and authors new course content, assessments and exams.
1. DipLaw – Legal Profession Admission Board (University of Sydney)
2. Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Australian National University ACT
3. Nationally Accredited Mediator – LEADR & NMAS
4. Independent Children’s Lawyer – Law Council of Australia
Areas of Practice
• Family Law (Children and Property)
• Criminal and Traffic Law (Local Court)
• Wills and Probate (including Family Provisions)
• Medical Negligence & Personal Injury