Pandelis Tiliakos is a Barrister at Second Floor Wentworth Chambers.
Pandelis was called to the Bar in 2017. His practice is broad and he accepts briefs in all areas of law including Building & Construction, Commercial & Corporate, Criminal, Equity, Intellectual Property, Personal Injury and Wills & Estates.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Pandelis practiced as an associate solicitor at Willis & Bowring before joining McCulloch & Buggy. During his time as a solicitor, he appeared on behalf of individuals, companies (small, medium and large) and public bodies in civil and criminal matters in the Federal Court of Australia, Federal Circuit Court of Australia, Supreme Court of New South Wales, District Court of New South Wales, Local Court of New South Wales and New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Pandelis was admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2013 and the High Court of Australia in 2014.
He graduated from the University of New South Wales with Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce (International Business) degrees.
Pandelis’ special areas of interest include unconscionable dealings in commercial transactions, sentencing methodologies for strictly indictable offences and claims pursuant to s 88K of the Conveyancing Act 1919 (NSW). He has presented several papers on these and other topics.
Pandelis’ other areas of special interest include Insurance law, Sport & Media law and statutory interpretation.
In his spare time he enjoys football, rugby league and travelling.
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales: 2013
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia: 2013
- Admitted to the Bar (New South Wales): 2017
Areas of Practice
- Building & Construction
- Commercial & Corporate
- Family Provisions
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury
- Sport & Media
- Member, New South Wales Bar Association
- Committee Member, New South Wales Young Lawyers Civil Litigation
- Committee Member, New South Wales Young Lawyers Criminal Law
- Committee Member, New South Wales Young Lawyers Communications, Entertainment and Technology Law
- Committee Member, New South Wales Young Lawyers Environment and Planning Law
- Bachelor of Laws: 2013
- Bachelor of Commerce (International Business): 2013