Cyber Security for Principals: Responding to a Cyber Event (2020)
In this webinar Frank discusses that at some point your firm may be subject to a successful ransomware attack or other cyber event. This webinar covers what you should do to minimize data leakage and the damage to your firms operating capacity.
- Understand how to create an asset list
- Evaluate your current preparedness
- Understand first response procedures and how to apply them to your firm
- Identify critical assets for a disaster recovery checklist and recovery schedule
About your Speaker: Frank Downes, Juris IT
Frank heads up Juris IT, which is dedicated to assisting law firms in securing IT and protecting company assets and data.
Frank is a lifelong entrepreneur. Graduating with a law/commerce degree in 1989 from UNSW Frank took a position in the City of London with UBS, forming part of the team that managed the largest Microsoft Windows installation outside the United States.
Upon returning to Australia in 1992 Frank has been part of several successful IT services firms. Some of the notable projects Frank has been involved with during his career include:
- Prior to the advent of the internet IBM created its own private global internet. Frank’s company wrote the email application that IBM used as the global remote connection program for its employees and key clients. This private network was sold by IBM for over $5 billion.
- Support and provisioning of FACSys a network fax server, in the Asia/Pacific region, selected by Microsoft as their global faxing platform. Frank’s company was the leading provider of network fax solutions in Australia and New Zealand.
- Provision of the internal email communications application for the Jindalee Over The Horizon Radar Defence System.
- Provision and support of the communications hardware selected by Hewlett Packard for its private network though out the Asia/Pacific region.
Since 2015 Frank has taken the expertise and experience gained in providing secure IT systems and communications capabilities to enterprise and applied this to the needs and requirements of legal practitioners.
Frank writes articles centered on cyber security and Office 365 for Lexis/Nexis and other publications.
As a balance to the technical nature of the IT world, Frank has a small farm in the Southern Highlands of NSW where he has been growing the French Black Truffle since 2002.