2020 Cyber Security for Principals – The main threats and how to deal with them
In this webinar Frank discusses the main threats of information security and how to deal with them.
In this course we will cover
- a detailed review of the major threat vectors for your firm
- methods for protecting sensitive information
- dealing with mistakes your staff may make
- Understand the main threat vectors impacting law firms today
- Choose the most appropriate procedures and implementations for your practice to deal with those threats
- Understand cyber awareness training requirements for lawyers and support staff
- Assess staff awareness and readiness to deal with a cyber threat
At CPD for Me you can record all CPD activities from any provider for five years on any device. LogCPD allows you to add action items, record, store, email and print CPD activities.
About your Speaker
Frank Downes Juris IT
Frank heads up Juris IT, which is dedicated to assisting law firms in securing IT and protecting company assets and data.
Frank is a lifelong entrepreneur. Graduating with a law/commerce degree in 1989 from UNSW Frank took a position in the City of London with UBS, forming part of the team that managed the largest Microsoft Windows installation outside the United States.
Upon returning to Australia in 1992 Frank has been part of several successful IT services firms. Some of the notable projects Frank has been involved with during his career include:
- Prior to the advent of the internet IBM created its own private global internet. Frank’s company wrote the email application that IBM used as the global remote connection program for its employees and key clients. This private network was sold by IBM for over $5 billion.
- Support and provisioning of FACSys a network fax server, in the Asia/Pacific region, selected by Microsoft as their global faxing platform. Frank’s company was the leading provider of network fax solutions in Australia and New Zealand.
- Provision of the internal email communications application for the Jindalee Over The Horizon Radar Defence System.
- Provision and support of the communications hardware selected by Hewlett Packard for its private network though out the Asia/Pacific region.
Since 2015 Frank has taken the expertise and experience gained in providing secure IT systems and communications capabilities to enterprise and applied this to the needs and requirements of legal practitioners.
Frank writes articles centred on cyber security and Office 365 for Lexis/Nexis and other publications.
As a balance to the technical nature of the IT world, Frank has a small farm in the Southern Highlands of NSW where he has been growing the French Black Truffle since 2002.
If particular educational activities are relevant to your immediate or long term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of the law or profession, then you should claim one “unit” for each hour of online viewing, listening, and private study completing relevant downloads, available for ongoing, Ask the Expert Q&A at CPDforMe.com.au.
The statements, analyses, opinions and conclusions in these materials are those of the author and not CPD for Me or CPD-LIVE and BD for Law Firms Programs, which act only in the capacity as convener of education courses.
No part of any seminar or legal update can be regarded as legal advice. Although all care has been taken in preparing each session, update and/or associated papers, viewers must not alter their position or refrain from doing so in reliance on any paper. Neither the author nor CPD for Me, CPD-LIVE and BD for Law Firms Programs accept or undertake any duty of care relating to any part of any presentation or relevant handouts. Copyright in this material is retained by the authors.
About CPD for Me
CPDforMe.com.au offers over 160 recorded exclusive webinars filled with gems of over 100 leading Australian barristers, accredited specialists and professional service industry experts with ongoing Q&A so busy lawyers, accountants and advisors can obtain practical, relevant learning and meet CPD compliance requirements, on any device and with no travel hassles.
CPD for Me host weekly CPD-LIVE webinars and publish on-demand CPD courses of mandatory subjects: practice management, professional skills, business skills, Australian substantive law, ethics and professional responsibility. Anywhere, anytime, any device.
A license to publish in this format has been granted to CPD for Me exclusively. Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under the Copyright Act, no part of these materials may be reproduced by any process without written permission of CPD for Me.
CPD for Me completed the Juris IT Cyber Security Health Check in June 2019 and we provide a safe and secure platform for our subscribers.
CPD for Me are a 2019/2020 Juris IT Practice Resilience Partner covering Office 365, Cyber Awareness Training and Compliance. We strongly recommend all firms complete a Cyber Security Health Check and you should regularly attend the Ask Frank Fridays Live Q&A to stay ahead of cyber threats and ensure your practice thrives.
If you have any questions, please call 1300 273 463.
© Copyright 2019 CPD for Me – All Rights Reserved