Grow Your Practice with Office 365 (2020)
In this webinar Frank discusses Microsoft Office 365 which contains several programs that improve productivity and efficiency that will help you grow your practice.This webinar will briefly review the entire Office 365 suite and how you can use each application in your firm.We will review the “magic 3” in more detail.
- Understand the applicability of each Office 365 application to your firm
- Identify the best uses of Office 365 for your specific practice area(s)
- Assess your current use of Office 365 and identify areas for improvement
- Prioritise training outcomes to maximise the use of Office 365
About your Speaker: Frank Downes, Juris IT
Frank heads up Juris IT, which is dedicated to assisting law firms in securing IT and protecting company assets and data.
Frank is a lifelong entrepreneur. Graduating with a law/commerce degree in 1989 from UNSW Frank took a position in the City of London with UBS, forming part of the team that managed the largest Microsoft Windows installation outside the United States.
Upon returning to Australia in 1992 Frank has been part of several successful IT services firms. Some of the notable projects Frank has been involved with during his career include:
- Prior to the advent of the internet IBM created its own private global internet. Frank’s company wrote the email application that IBM used as the global remote connection program for its employees and key clients. This private network was sold by IBM for over $5 billion.
- Support and provisioning of FACSys a network fax server, in the Asia/Pacific region, selected by Microsoft as their global faxing platform. Frank’s company was the leading provider of network fax solutions in Australia and New Zealand.
- Provision of the internal email communications application for the Jindalee Over The Horizon Radar Defence System.
- Provision and support of the communications hardware selected by Hewlett Packard for its private network though out the Asia/Pacific region.
Since 2015 Frank has taken the expertise and experience gained in providing secure IT systems and communications capabilities to enterprise and applied this to the needs and requirements of legal practitioners.
Frank writes articles centred on cyber security and Office 365 for Lexis/Nexis and other publications.
As a balance to the technical nature of the IT world, Frank has a small farm in the Southern Highlands of NSW where he has been growing the French Black Truffle since 2002.