EMPLOYMENT & WORKPLACE RELATIONS
Warwick Ryan is a recognised specialist in employment law and workplace relations. He completed a Bachelor of Laws at the University of NSW and attained a Masters of Employment Law from Sydney University in 2001.
The advice Warwick provides to his clients is focused on practical issues, addressing matters before they become major problems. He does this by taking into account broader commercial considerations such as public relations and workplace culture.
Warwick has advised employers and employees in a diverse range of industries including finance, education, publishing, health care, aged care, mining services, retail, manufacturing and construction.
* Employment issues arising from restructuring and business purchases and sales
* Termination of employment including unfair dismissal, adverse action and reasonable notice claims
* Drafting of and advising on employment contracts and individual flexibility arrangements (IFA’s)
* Drafting workplace policies and procedures
* Protection of confidential information and enforcement of non-competition covenants
* Formulating strategies for preventing discrimination and harassment
* Facilitating strategies on enterprise bargaining
* Drafting enterprise agreements
* Advising on award compliance
* Advising on strategies for the engagement of contractors and the liabilities associated with their use
* Advising employers on managing ill and injured non-performing workers
* Restructuring the workers compensation arrangements of businesses to reduce premiums
* Health and safety advice
Warwick often presents seminars to industry groups on various workplace relations matters, managing poor performance, using contractors and dealing with injured workers in the workplace and on developments in employment laws. Audience comments from his recent seminars include excellent presentation, entertaining style; extremely helpful; very practical advice; best of the day, down to earth and a pleasure to hear someone with a true commercial perspective.